Use these icons to find and follow Lake Travis Fire Rescue on your favorite social media sites.
Warn Central Texas
The Capital Area Council of Governments and its partners are pleased to offer an emergency notification system to residents of Central Texas. Registering with WarnCentralTexas allows local officials to contact their communities by phone, email and text during times of disasters or public safety events.
Lake Travis Fire Rescue Social Media Policy
Travis County Emergency Services District No. 6 (“TCESD No. 6”, “the District”), Lake Travis Fire Rescue (“LTFR”) engages people through many digital outlets, including ltfr.org and popular social media platforms. Social media further enables people to be in communication with the District in a direct and meaningful way.
The goal of the District’s/LTFR social media engagement is to be a helpful medium with official information that is conducive to real-time discussions and valuable feedback. Most LTFR social media pages allow interaction in the form of user comments. Users are encouraged to be collaborative and respectful of each other when commenting on official LTFR social media.
The District shares information, images and video with residents through external social media websites. Users should have no expectation of privacy when posting to an LTFR site. Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official LTFR site where the agency allows users to post content as long as the content meets the standards articulated in this Public Comment Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site.
While the District does not discriminate against viewpoints or opinions posted on the page, comments, posts, or other content made by users of LTFR sites are reviewed by District personnel. A comment, post, or other content may be hidden or deleted if it violates this Policy. A comment, post, or other content will be hidden or deleted if they include any of the following Policy violations:
- Obscene, indecent, or profane language, pictures and/or videos.
- Threats, personal attacks, or defamatory statements.
- Hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, or any other unlawful classification.
- Fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading information.
- Comments or personal insults not related to the posted topic of the LTFR social media page or post.
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users or spam.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Comments that violate any local, state, or federal laws or regulations, the social media site’s terms of engagement, or otherwise unlawful.
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office. Comments investigated to have been generated by fake, spam, or “spoof” accounts.
- Comments which divulge personally identifying information of the user or personally identifying information of a third party.
- Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third-party rights will be deleted.
This public comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.